The SerialGhost Premium is a compact RS-232 and serial bus logger packed with features, such as time-stamping, Ethernet. It has a huge memory capacity of 8 GB, and may be accessed as a USB Flash drive.
Take advantage of the unique new features:
- Logs asynchronous serial transmission (RS-232 compatible)
- Baud rates up to 115200 bps
- Logs 2 streams simultaneously (RX and TX)
- 8 Gigabytes internal memory
- Powered from a USB port, or external power supply
- No software or drivers required, Windows, Linux, and Mac compatible
- USB Flash Drive mode
- Time and date stamping
- Built-in battery (for real-time clock)
- Virtual COM mode (Pro version and Premium version)
- Ethernet link (RJ-45) (Premium version)
- Automatic E-mail reports with recorded data (Wi-Fi version and Premium version)
- On-demand access at any time through TCP/IP (Wi-Fi version and Premium version)
- Data recording from peripherals such as printers, terminals, keyboards, mice, card readers
- Reverse-engineering of data exchange protocols
- Backups of sensitive data from devices like Points-of-Sale, barcode scanners, card readers
- Data logging from sensors: temperature, pressure, voltage etc.
How does it work?
The SerialGhost is a compact asynchronous serial logger, capable of recording RS-232 data streams from devices like printers, terminals, keyboards, mice, barcode scanners etc. Simply connect the SerialGhost in-line on a serial bus, using the DB-9 connectors. If a USB port is available, you can power the device from USB. Otherwise, use the supplied cable and connect an external 5V power source (such as a smart-phone charger). The SerialGhost will immediately start logging all data available on the bus, both upstream and downstream (RX and TX). No software or drivers are required.
To view the recorded data, the SerialGhost may be switched to Flash Drive mode. Use the supplied USB key to connect the device to a USB port. A removable Flash drive will pop-up, containing a file with logged data. The log file will be interleaved with time and date-stamps. The Flash drive may also be used to configure the device, such as baudrate, parity bits, start/stop bits, etc.
The SerialGhost Pro, SerialGhost Pro Module, SerialGhost Pro Wi-Fi, and SerialGhost Premium all feature a USB Virtual COM interface, meaning they can be accessed by any PC-side software application.
The SerialGhost Wi-Fi also incorporates a built-in WLAN transceiver and TCP/IP stack, meaning it can connect to the Internet through a Wi-Fi Access Point. To do that, you must provide it some basic data, such as the Network ID and password (just like any WLAN device). Once connected to an Access Point, the logger will start sending E-mail reports with captured serial data to any recipient E-mail address you supply.
The SerialGhost Premium and SerialGhost Wi-Fi also feature a TCP/IP interface, for on-demand access at any time. You can remotely download recorded data from the logger, using special software delivered with the device.
The control software can communicate with multiple serial loggers, allowing to create entire networks of wireless loggers. This solution is particularly recommended for monitoring networks of sensors or peripheral devices.